Ashok B. Patel, Akshat M. Gol, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Ashvin V. Dudhrejiya, Urvi J. Chotaliya
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Ashok B. Patel1, Akshat M. Gol2*, Amitkumar J. Vyas3, Ajay I. Patel4, Ashvin V. Dudhrejiya5, Urvi J. Chotaliya6
1Government pharmacy college, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, india. Postal code: 382027.
2B. K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Polytechnic Campus, Near Aji Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India, Postal code: 360003.
3B. K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Polytechnic Campus, Near Aji Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India, Postal code: 360003.
4B. K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Polytechnic Campus, Near Aji Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India, Postal code: 360003.
5B. K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Polytechnic Campus, Near Aji Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India, Postal code: 360003.
6B. K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Polytechnic Campus, Near Aji Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India, Postal code: 360003.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
Due to the tremendous growth of plastics in the world, Plastics have transformed everyday life. The variety of polymers and their special qualities are used to create a range of goods that expand their uses in engineering, medical and other societal advantages. PET is one of the widely used polymer in medical containers and bottling. It is evident that plastics bring many societal benefits and offer future technological and medical advances. However, concerns about poor management, disposal in unauthorized dumping sites or burned uncontrollably in the fields. This article emphasizes the properties, manufacturing, recycling, uses, health and environmental considerations of PET.
Cite this article:
Ashok B. Patel, Akshat M. Gol, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Ashvin V. Dudhrejiya, Urvi J. Chotaliya. A brief review on PET - Polyethylene Terephthalate Containers. International Journal of Technology. 2023; 13(1):50-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-3915.2023.00006
Ashok B. Patel, Akshat M. Gol, Amitkumar J. Vyas, Ajay I. Patel, Ashvin V. Dudhrejiya, Urvi J. Chotaliya. A brief review on PET - Polyethylene Terephthalate Containers. International Journal of Technology. 2023; 13(1):50-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-3915.2023.00006 Available on: https://ijtonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-1-6
1. Nkwachukwu OI, Chima CH, Ikenna AO. Focus on potential environmental issues on plastic world towards a sustainable plastic recycling in developing countries. International Journal of Industrial Chemistry. 2013;4(34):1-13.
2. Archna, Moses V, Sagar S, Shivraj V, Chetan S. A review on processing of waste PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastics. International Journal of Polymer Science Engineering. 2015;1(2):1-13.
3. Hamad K, Kaseem M, Deri F. Recycling of waste from polymer materials: an overview of the recent works. Polymer Degradation and Stability. 2013;98:2801-2812.
4. Thompson RC, Moore CJ, VomSaal FS, Swan SH. Plastics, the environment and human health: current consensus and future trends. Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society B. 2009;364:2153-2166.
5. Scheirs J., Long TE. Modern polyesters: chemistry and technology of polyesters and co-polyesters; John Wiley and Sons Limited, Great Britain, 2003, pp 31.
6. Dodbiba G, Fujita T. Progress in separating plastic materials for recycling. Physical Separation in Science and Engineering. 2004;13:165-182.
7. Olabisi O. Handbook of Thermoplastics; Marcel Dekker Inc, New York, 1997, pp 449.
8. Shen L, Worrell E, Patel MK. Open-loop recycling: A LCA case study of PET bottle-to-fibre recycling. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. 2010;55:34-52.
9. Sinha VK, Patel MR, Patel JV. Pet waste management by chemical recycling: a review. Journal of Environmental Polymer Degradation. 2010;18:18-25.
10. Vakili MH, Fard MH. Chemical recycling of polyethylene terephthalate wastes. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2010;8(7):839-846.
11. Bohnet M. Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry; 7th Edn; Wiley VCH Publication, New
12. York, 2011, pp 157.
13. Othmer K. Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology; 4th Edn; John Wiley and Sons Limited, Great Britain, 2001, pp 94.
14. Lefebvre CG. Petrochemical Processes: Technical and Economic Characteristics; 2nd Edn; Editions Technip, Paris, 1989, pp 279.
15. Alain C., Gilles L. Petrochemical Processe; 2nd Edn; Editions Technip, Paris, 1989, pp 281.
16. Donnell JP, Butler RM, Simpson LB. Ammoxidation of Aromatic Hydrocarbons to Aromatic Nitriles Using Substantial Quantities of Water in The Reaction Mixture. U.S. Patent US3462476A, 1969.
17. Tokiwa Y, Calabia BP, Ugwu CU. Biodegradability of plastics. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2009;10:3722-3742.
18. Suyama T, Tokiwa Y, Oichanpagdee P. Phylogenetic affiliation of soil bacteria that degrade aliphatic polyesters available commercially as biodegradable plastics. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 1998;64:5008–5011.
19. Pranamuda H, Tokiwa Y, Tanaka H. Polylactide degradation by an Amycolatopsis sp. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 1997;63:1637-1640.
20. Koo BM, JayKim JH, Kim SB. Material and structural performance evaluations of Hwangtoh admixtures and recycled PET fiber added eco-friendly concrete for emission reduction. Materials. 2014;7:5959- 5981.
21. Application of Recycled Pet Plastic, September 2022, http://www.gtz.de/gate.
22. Ochi T, Okubo S, Fukui K. Development of recycled PET fiber and its application as concrete reinforcing fiber. Cement and Concrete Composites. 2007;29:448-455.
23. Foti D. Use of recycled waste PET bottles fibres for the reinforcement of concrete. Composite Structures. 2013;96:396-404.
24. Abd El-Hameed RS. Aminolysis of polyethylene terephthalate waste as corrosion inhibitor for carbon steel in HCl corrosive medium. Pelagia Research Library. 2011;2(3):483-499.
25. Ramadevi K. Experimental investigations on the properties of concrete with plastic PET (bottle) fibers as fine aggregate. Cement and Concrete Composites. 2012;2.
26. Health, Safety and Environmental Considerations of TPA, September 2022, http://www.dakamericas.com
27. Khoramnejadian S. Improve Properties of Recycled Poly Ethylene Terephetalat (PET) By Polycarbonate. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(10): Oct., 2011; Page 1539-1541.
28. Dey U, Mondal NK, Das K, Datta JK. Development of New Methodology for Melting of Plastic: A Chemical Approach. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(3): March 2012; Page 397-400.
29. Saini RD. New Age Biodegradable and Compostable Plastics. Asian J. Research Chem. 2018; 11(1):179-188.
30. Chanchlani J, Keswani IP. Cycle Time Reduction in Plastic Industry. Int. J. Tech. 5(1): Jan.-June 2015; Page 25-29.
31. Thangavel S, Sujin DRS, Kevin BC. A Novel Approach to treat Bio Wastes Using Biodigesters and Microorganisms Employed to Increase Plastic Degradation. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 4(4): Oct.-Dec., 2013 page 221-225.
32. Priyanka U, Nandan A. Biodegradable Plastic – A Potential Substitute for Synthetic Polymers. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 5(3): July-Sept. 2014 page 158-165.
33. Verma G. Elastic-Plastic Transition Problems. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 6(3): July- Sept., 2015 page 338-342.
34. Purushothama KV. Plastic a cancer in Nature: Trends, Problems and Policies in India. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences 2015; 6(3): 209-212.
35. Sehgal B, Kunde GB. Grafting enhances the thermal stability of thermoplastic elastomers. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 1(2): Oct. - Dec.2010 page 65-69.
36. Arajpure VG, Gaikwad HA. Performance Analysis of Plastic Worm Gear in Centerless Grinding Machine; Int. J. Tech. 3(1): Jan.-June. 2013; Page 52-62.
37. Garg N, Joshi HC, Pandey IP. Characterization of Crude Oil in an Exploration of Petroleum Geochemistry: An Overview. Asian J. Research Chem. 2017; 10(4):431-435.