Students’ complaints have increased recently in tertiary education; hence the manual complaints system has become ineffective to handle the vast number of complaints, making it difficult for school authorities to respond adequately to each complaint made. Nevertheless, the advancement of internet and web technologies has paved the way to addressing this growing challenge electronically. This work sought to design a web-based student complaint system for Sunyani Technical University to help manage students’ complaints efficiency, security, accuracy, and reliability on campus. Based on the waterfall model design approach, we implemented the proposed complaints system with HTML, CSS formatting language and PHP for the frontend, MySQL database management for data keeping and PHP programming language for server-side scripting. The proposed approach was tested based on user-friendliness, robustness, security with both students and staff. The obtained feedback proves that our proposed system is adequate for handling students’ complaints accurately and fast than the conventional method.
Cite this article:
Abdul-Rahaman Mohammed, Zuyelle Solomon, Dassah M. Nurideen. A Web-Based Student’s Complaints Management System. International Journal of Technology. 2021; 11(2):35-3. doi: 10.52711/2231-3915.2021.00005
Abdul-Rahaman Mohammed, Zuyelle Solomon, Dassah M. Nurideen. A Web-Based Student’s Complaints Management System. International Journal of Technology. 2021; 11(2):35-3. doi: 10.52711/2231-3915.2021.00005 Available on: https://ijtonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-1
1. Amjad, M. and Jahan Linda, N. A Web Based Automated Tool for Course Teacher Evaluation System (TTE). Int. J. Educ. Manag. Eng. 10, 11–19 (2020).
2. Muhardi, Gunawan, S. I., Irawan, Y. and Devis, Y. Design of Web Based LMS (Learning Management System) in SMAN 1 Kampar Kiri Hilir. J. Appl. Eng. Technol. Sci. 1, 70–76 (2020).
3. Valova, I. and Kalmukov, Y. Web-based university staff’s publication analysis system. in 2018 41st International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO) 1482–1486 (IEEE, 2018). doi:10.23919/MIPRO.2018.8400267.
4. Jain, P. and Shrivastav, R. A Study About Effect of Socio Economic Trends on Students. Int. J. Ad. Soc. Sci. 4, 55–57 (2016).
5. Kishor, V. School Satisfaction among Students. Int. J. Ad. Soc. Sci. 3, 76–79 (2015).
6. Kieti, J. M. An Investigation into Factors Influencing Students’ Academic Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Matungulu Sub-County, Machakos County. South Eastern Kenya University (2017). doi:10.1111/j.1469-7610.2010.02280.x.
7. Nyarko-Boateng, O., Adekoya, A. F., Weyori, B. A., Ening, J. and Nti, I. K. Policy Compliance Standards for Underground Fiber Cable Deployment and Post-Deployment Protection. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 14, 2088–2094 (2021).
8. Amo-Asuah, C. et al. Evaluation of Server Performance in Cloud Computing On Virtual Network Infrastructure: Using Riverbed Simulator. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Appl. 6, 95–103 (2017).
9. Mohapatra, R. K., Mohapatra, B. N. and Panda, P. P. Application and Security in Internet of Things (IOTs). Int. J. Technol. 9, 1 (2019).
10. Hasan, A. and Patle, V. K. Security Threats in Perception and Network Layer of Internet of Things (IoT): A Review. Int. J. Technol. 10, 143–152 (2020).
11. Sukhoroslov, O., Volkov, S. and Afanasiev, A. A Web-Based Platform for Publication and Distributed Execution of Computing Applications. in 2015 14th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing 175–184 (IEEE, 2015). doi:10.1109/ISPDC.2015.27.
12. Ayawli, B. B. K., Appiah, A. Y., Nti, I. K., Kyeremeh, F. and Ayawli, E. I. Path planning for mobile robots using Morphological Dilation Voronoi Diagram Roadmap algorithm. Sci. African 12, e00745 (2021).
13. Monika, Sareen, N., Dhawan, D. and Sharma, S. Purpose of Utilization of Selected Mass Media among College Students in Bikaner District of Rajasthan. Res. J. Sci. Technol. 10, 121 (2018).
14. Avhad, P. S., Gupta, R., Rawat, S. S. and Dubey, R. S. A Glance on Mucoadhesive System - Still more to Understand. Res. J. Sci. Technol. 133–141 (2021) doi:10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00020.
15. Nti, I. K. and Quarcoo, J. A. Self-motivation and Academic Performance In Computer Programming Language Using a Hybridised Machine Learning Technique. Int. J. Artif. Intell. Expert Syst. 8, 12–30 (2019).
16. Appiah, V., Nti, I. K. and Nyarko-Boateng, O. Investigating Websites and Web Application Vulnerabilities: Webmaster’s Perspective. Int. J. Appl. Inf. Syst. 12, 10–15 (2017).
17. Akyeramfo-Sam, S. and Nti, I. K. State of Affairs in ICTs Usage within the Hospitality Industry (Guest House and Hotel) Operations: A Case of Brong Ahafo Region Ghana. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Appl. 6, 143–149 (2017).
18. Nti, I. K., Ansere, J. A. and Appiah, A. Investigating ATM Frauds In Sunyani Municipality: Customer’s Perspective. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Appl. 6, 59–65 (2017).
19. Nti, I. K., Akyeramfo-Sam, S., Bediako-Kyeremeh, B. and Agyemang, S. Prediction of social media effects on students’ academic performance using Machine Learning Algorithms (MLAs). J. Comput. Educ. (2021) doi:10.1007/s40692-021-00201-z.
20. Nti, I. K., Adekoya, A. F., Opoku, M. and Nimbe, P. Synchronising social media into teaching and learning settings at tertiary education. Int. J. Soc. Media Interact. Learn. Environ. 6, 230 (2020).
21. Owusu-Boadu, B. A proposed conceptual framework based on machine learning techniques and IoT services for smart farming in developing countries. Int. J. Technol. 1–5 (2021) doi:10.52711/2231-3915.2021.00001.
22. Mishack, A., Kwabena Essiaw, J., Abdul Razak, A. and Owusu-Boadu, B. An intelligent web-based point of sales management system for small and medium scale businesses. Int. J. Technol. 23–31 (2021) doi:10.52711/2231-3915.2021.00004.
23. Rajmane, S. S., Mathpati, S. R. and Dawle, J. K. Digitalization of Management System for College and Student Information. Res. J. Sci. Technol. 8, 179 (2016).
24. Shewale, R., Chodhary, P., Powale, S., Chimankar, S. and Umale, A. Training and Placement Web Portal. Res. J. Sci. Technol. 7, 111 (2015).
25. Kumar, B. S., Raju, G. J. and Janardhana, G. R. Simulation Modelling and Analysis of Flexible Manufacturing Systems with flexsim software. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 9, 85 (2018).
26. Rathore, A. and Rajavat, A. Result Evaluation of Bug Forecasting Model in Software Engineering. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 8, 208 (2017).
27. Dalvi, S. D., Nanda, R. K. and Chitlange, S. S. Full Factorial Design for Optimization, Development, Validation of RPHPLC Method and Stability-Indicating Method for Tamsulosin and Dutastaride. Asian J. Res. Chem. 10, 504 (2017).
28. Roy, A., Shahdeo, V. and Kaluri, R. A Comparative Study in Online Movie Ticket Booking System. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 10, 16 (2019).
29. Agrawal, N., Panditpawar, K., Barde, N., Shastrakar, P. and Purohit, K. Online Feedback and Marks Prediction System. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 6, 335 (2015).
30. Twum, F., Nti, K. and Asante, M. Improving Security Levels In Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) Using Multifactor Authentication. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Appl. 5, 126–134 (2016).